OK, SO HERE’S THE IDEA: FOR AS LONG AS I’VE USED TWITTER, I’VE USED THE ‘FAVORITE THIS TWEET’ BUTTON AS A BOOKMARKING TOOL, HONESTLY INTENDING TO RETURN TO THE FAVORITES LIST AT SOME POINT FOR A BROWSE. THAT RARELY HAPPENS.
SO I’VE HAD THIS IDEA: KEEP ON PRESSING THE FAVORITE BUTTON AND THEN LOOK AT IT AT THE END OF THE WEEK, TAKING FIVE OF THE SAVED TWEETS AND LISTING THEM HERE. HOPEFULLY IT’LL WORK FOR ME, AND WILL HOPEFULLY BE INTERESTING FOR YOU TOO. WE’LL SEE.
1. Getting the most out of YouTube in no time at all
2. The trials and tribulations of an FOI officer (well worth a read if you deal with an FOI officer regularly)
3. I try not to link to ‘how should we teach journalism’ posts but this one is rather good:
4. Flickr fan! Maps just got better!
5. What big media learnt from a hyperlocal experiment (and they don’t come much bigger than the NYT!)
'I lay back exhausted, gazing happily out of the shed window. Despite my concerns about my inexperience, my rhubarb had come up a treat . .'—
50 Sheds of Grey (@50ShedsofGrey) June 24, 2012